Consumer Education Seminar Program
Consumer Educational Seminars are permitted by the TABC and conducted by the designated retail establishment or package store for wine tasting.
- An application requesting permission to conduct an educational seminar may be submitted by the retail establishment.
- Application must provide a letter of permission from the owner of the property giving date and time where the event is being held allowing the retail package store to have this event on their property.
- Application and accompanying paperwork must be delivered to the TABC office four (4) calendar days prior to the event.
- Form must be completed and notarized by owner of retail establishment.
- The individuals that will be pouring the alcoholic beverages must have a server permit card that is issued by this office. Owner of retail package store must furnish the server permit card numbers when submitting the application.
- The retail package store can only have the Consumer Education Seminars in locations that have passed liquor-by-the-drink and/or retail package stores.
- The retail package store cannot charge at the events if the establishment where the consumer education seminar is being held does not have a Liquor by the Drink license.
- Retail Package Store can only take orders at the event and the patron will have to take the purchase order to the retail package store to obtain the bottle(s) of alcoholic beverages.
- New Application Process
- Consumer Application Seminar Application must be fully completed, notarized and submitted to the TABC.
- Provide a letter of permission from the owner of the property giving date and time where the event is being held allowing the retail package store to have this event on their property.
NO FAXED OR E-MAILED APPLICATION COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Applications must be submitted to the Nashville Office.
* All forms must be completely filled out, signed and notarized.
* All payments must be made with a money order, cashier’s check or business check from the licensed establishment and made payable to the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission. Global money orders will not be accepted.
* Notaries are available at the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission office for walk in clients. You must be present, have proper identification, and the notary must witness your signature.