STS Information for Schools
Student Ticket Subsidy is no longer available for the 2013-2014 school year. The eGrant application for 2014-2015 Student Ticket Subsidy will open on August 26, 2014 at 8:00 am, Central Standard Time.
- Schools must now make application directly to the Tennessee Arts Commission and not to a Designated Agency.
- STS applications must be submitted online through the Commission’s eGrant system at http://tacarts.egrant.net. Faxed or mailed applications WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Organizing teachers must submit ONE STS application for all students and teachers participating in the selected activity.
- Funding for STS is allocated per county according to school age population and by demand.
- A school may apply for a maximum of $3,000 in STS funds per fiscal year.
- If the STS application is funded, organizing teachers should notify the bookkeeper to expect a direct deposit from the Tennessee Department of Education on behalf of the Tennessee Arts Commission within 60 days after the date of the award notice. The direct deposit will appear as "ALERT ARTS Student Ticket Subsidy."
- Artists and arts organizations must be selected from an approved list under the Teaching Artist Roster on the Tennessee Arts Commission Roster.
- The organizing teacher must reserve tickets or book the arts event with chosen artist or arts organizations. The teacher must note the Reservation/Confirmation Number provided by the artist or arts organization on the STS application.
The Tennessee Arts Commission will begin accepting applications at 8:00 a.m. CST on or after August 26, 2014 for projects beginning no earlier than September 29, 2014.
Schools and artists should direct questions to one of the following TAC staff members. Please do not direct the same question to multiple staff, as this will slow down the response time.
James Wells, Arts Education Special Projects Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-532-5934.
Shannon Ford, Director of Community Arts, at email@example.com or 615-532-9796.
Ann Talbott Brown, Director of Arts Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-532-5939.