Application Deadline: July 1, 2014
Grant Period: August 16, 2014 through June 15, 2015
Grant Awards: $500 to $2,000
The Arts Build Communities (ABC) grant program is designed to provide support for arts projects that broaden access to arts experiences, address community quality of life issues through the arts, or enhance the sustainability of asset-based cultural enterprises. ABC funds may be used to:
• Provide innovative arts experiences that are new or unfamiliar to community residents
• Offer arts programs that are designed to help affect positive change in community social issues
• Develop arts programming that strengthens social networks through community engagement
• Undertake cultural arts initiatives that enhance a community’s identity and/or economic development
• Offer training that helps experienced or emerging artists/arts administrators develop entrepreneurial skills or innovative strategies for building sustainability
The Tennessee Arts Commission (TAC) offers the ABC program through a decentralized decision-making and distribution process in partnership with regional designated agencies. Through ABC, the TAC seeks to build communities by nurturing artists, arts organizations (including local arts agencies), and arts supporters in each of Tennessee's 95 counties.
ABC Forms and Documents:
Click link below and SAVE file to your computer:
ABC Panel Schedule
ABC Grants Workshops Schedule
MAC users please note: Make sure "Preview" is not opening the PDF. If it is then you need to highlight the file by clicking on it once. Then open “Finder” and pull down the menu “File”. Then highlight “Get Info” this will open a menu find “Open With” and select Adobe Reader.
For ABC Subgrantees:
Revised Budget Form
All FY2014 ABC subgrantees should complete their evaluation reports through their eGrant accounts. In addition to the ABC evaluations, each sub grantee should complete and mail a Request for Funds Form and a Final Financial Report of Expenditures to their Designated Agency.
For questions about this grant category, contact Shannon Ford at (615) 532-9796.