Application Deadline: July 1, 2015
Grant Period: August 16, 2015 through June 15, 2016
Grant Awards: $500 to $2,000
The Arts Build Communities (ABC) grant program is designed to provide support for arts projects that broaden access to arts experiences, address community quality of life issues through the arts, or enhance the sustainability of asset-based cultural enterprises. ABC funds may be used to:
• Provide innovative arts experiences that are new or unfamiliar to community residents
• Offer arts programs that are designed to help affect positive change in community social issues
• Develop arts programming that strengthens social networks through community engagement
• Undertake cultural arts initiatives that enhance a community’s identity and/or economic development
• Offer training that helps experienced or emerging artists/arts administrators develop entrepreneurial skills or innovative strategies for building sustainability
The Tennessee Arts Commission offers the ABC program through a decentralized decision-making and distribution process in partnership with regional designated agencies. Through ABC, the Commission seeks to build communities by nurturing artists, arts organizations (including local arts agencies), and arts supporters in each of Tennessee's 95 counties.
ABC Forms and Documents:
Click link below and SAVE file to your computer:
MAC users please note: Make sure "Preview" is not opening the PDF. If it is then you need to highlight the file by clicking on it once. Then open “Finder” and pull down the menu “File”. Then highlight “Get Info” this will open a menu find “Open With” and select Adobe Reader.
For ABC Subgrantees:
Tennessee Arts Commission Logo
For questions about this grant category, contact Shannon Ford at (615) 532-9796.