HOW TO MANAGE A ROLLING GRANT
AE-MG, AE-TI, PDS, SPECOP, TA
TIMELINE FOR ROLLING GRANTS (more detailed instructions are below)
|June 1||All guidelines and applications go live for the following fiscal year.|
|July 1||Grant Funds available for allocation. Each grant category has a limited amount of funds available every fiscal year. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until all funds are depleted.|
|Grant Contracts||Sign and return both signed contracts as soon as you receive them. First time applicants also must provide a W-9 and ACH direct deposit form.|
|Funds request||Rolling Grants are reimbursement grants. To request funds, grant recipients must fill out the Evaluation in the eGrant system. This should occur after the project/activity is complete, but NO LATER than 30 days after your project end date or June 15, whichever comes first. Instructions for accessing the Rolling Grant Evaluation in the eGrant system are below. The Evaluation will be available only if your application is funded.|
1. GRANT AWARD NOTIFICATION
Rolling Grant awards are announced by a Grant Award Email. This notification contains very important information and instructions on how to manage your grant. Make sure to read it thoroughly and carefully as it contains the amount of your grant award.
2. GRANT CONTRACT PACKET
The Commission will send you a Grant Contract Packet. The packet will contain two copies of the grant contract. Sign both AND return both to the Commission. If you wish to receive payment electronically, complete the ACH Direct Deposit Form and return with your contracts. In approximately 4-6 weeks, you will receive one of the contracts back with the required signatures.
3. REQUESTING FUNDS & CLOSEOUT
All rolling grants are paid as reimbursements after the activity is complete.
Once we receive both copies of your signed contract and your project/activity is completed, you may then request grant funds.
Grants must be closed out no later than 30 days after the project ending date or June 15, whatever comes first. Closing out the grant in a timely and efficient manner is vital to your continued success as an Arts Commission grantee. The applicant's ability to manage grants, including submitting forms on time and documenting how funds are spent, becomes part of your funding history and is reviewed each time you submit a new application. It is important to future funding that the applicant maintains integrity throughout the grants management process.
Steps to request funds and complete your close out.
- Go to the eGrant system
- Login using the same username and password that was registered to submit the Rolling Grant application that was awarded funding.
- In the “Drafts” folder, click the box next to TAC Rolling Grant Evaluation that has a title that corresponds to the Rolling Grant project/event that you were awarded funding. It should look like the example below. (Note that the Evaluation has been submitted when it appears under the “History” folder.)
- Complete each of the Evaluation sections.
- Once you have completed the 6 sections of the evaluation, click “Save” at the bottom of the page. NOTE: If you did not complete all 6 sections, you will receive a notification to go back and fix it.
- After clicking “Save” and the “Next” buttons, this will take you to the “Check and Submit” page. Click the Submit button to submit your Rolling Grant Evaluation.
For questions about submitting your Rolling Grant Evaluation, contact one of the following TAC staff members:
Hal Partlow, Associate Director for Grants, firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-741-2093
Ann Brown, Director of Arts Education, email@example.com or 615-532-5939