News & Events
NASHVILLE – In observance of National Mental Health Month in May, the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services is encouraging Tennesseans during the month of May to consider the importance of good mental health. “Conditions like depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder impact the lives of thousands of Tennesseans,” said E. Douglas Varney, Commissioner for the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
- Our Children and Their Mental Health: A message of hope from Commissioner E. Douglas Varney
- Tennessee Making Progress Reducing Prescription Drug Abuse
- Physicians Joining Tennessee’s Effort to Reduce Substance Abuse
- Western Mental Health Institute Psychiatrist Named Employee of the Year
- Help Prevent Prescription Drug Abuse in Tennessee
- Saturday, April 9 is Alcohol Screening Day in Tennessee