The Office of Licensure is responsible for protecting Tennesseans who receive mental health, substance abuse, and/or personal support services. The goal is to ensure licensed behavioral health providers adhere to state laws and departmental rules in the care and services they provide.
***Please note that Administrative Rule 0940-05-35 ‘Minimum Program Requirements for Nonresidential Office-Based Opiate Treatment (OBOT) Facilities’ has been positively recommended by the Tennessee General Assembly, Joint Government Operations Committee, for regulatory effectiveness. This Rule shall become effective on January 12, 2017. Buprenorphine prescribers interested in applying for a license may do so now. Please click here for additional information.***
The Office of Licensure:
- Conducts unannounced inspections and follow-ups of licensed facilities
- Conducts investigations of licensed, and unlicensed, service providers following reports of inadequate care
- Maintains files and records on all behavioral health facilities and services across Tennessee
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to licensed, and potential, providers.
- Works to protect your interests against unlicensed service providers.
If you have questions or wish to report suspected violations or submit a complaint, please call or fax the information to the appropriate regional office.
Main Phone: (865) 594-6551
Main Phone: (615) 532-6590
951 Court Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
Main Phone: (901) 543-7442
Complaint Line: (866) 344-0858
Fax: Number: (844) 844-5538