Breaking GroundCouncil Magazine
*Note: See our call for artwork for our special arts issue - accepting submissions through Oct. 31, 2017!
Breaking Ground, produced by the Council since 1990, informs readers of innovative programs and practices, disability policy issues, and stories about the lives of Tennesseans with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
Approximately 5,400 copies of each issue are distributed to individuals with disabilities, family members, state agencies, advocacy organizations, and legislators. Each year, a special arts issue is produced, which shares artwork by and about Tennesseans with disabilities.
Are you an artist with disabilities who would like your artwork considered for our annual Breaking Ground Arts issue? Do you know of any inclusive art programs in your community? Let us know anytime throughout the year by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org!
It features the following articles:
- Moving Toward Full Community Inclusion: a philosophical and cultural transformation
- A Provider Agency and Community Rise Up to Meet the Challenge
- Partners Grad Develops Parent Support Group in East Tennessee
- Congratulations, 2016-17 Partners in Policymaking Graduates
- IDEAL Internship Program Promotes Inclusion, Prepares Students for Real-World Working Setting
- Supported Decision-Making: what it is, how it works and why it’s important
- Blind Athlete “Grows” with Achilles Running Program
- Remembering Leaders in Our Community
- Council on Autism Spectrum Disorder is a First Step in the Right Direction
Archive of Past Issues
- Number 87, April 2017 - Read online;
- Number 86 / 2016-17 Annual Arts Issue (PDF); Number 86 text-only version (Word)
- Number 85 - Dec. 2016 (PDF); Number 85 text-only version (Word)
- Number 84 - October (PDF); Number 84 text-only version (Word)
- Number 83 - June (PDF); Number 83 text-only version (Word)
- Number 82 - April (PDF); Number 82 text-only version (Word)
- Number 81 - Arts Issue PDF; Number 81 Arts issue text-only version (Word)
- Number 80 - Nov. (PDF); Number 80 Text-only version (Word)
- Number 79 - Oct. (PDF) ; Number 79 text-only version (Word)
- Number 78 - July (PDF) ; Number 78 Text-only version (Word)
- Number 77 - March (PDF) ; Number 77 Text-only version (Word)
- Number 76 / Annual Arts Issue for 2014; Number 76 Text -only version (Word)
- Number 75 - August 2014; Number 75 Text-only version (Word)
- Number 74 - special issue on Supporting Families Community of Practice ; Number 74 Text-only version (Word)
- Number 73 March