Alzheimer's Legal Issues
The following is provided for information only. TCAD is not responsible for the content
associated with any of the links provided. Please consult an attorney or an agency
familiar with Elder Law before making any legal decisions.
There will be legal issues related to Alzheimer's that you should consider:
- Preservation or transfer of assets while seeking to avoid spousal
impoverishment when one spouse
enters a nursing home
- Medicare and Public Aid
- Medicare claims and appeals
- Social Security and disability claims and appeals
- Supplemental and long-term health insurance issues
- Disability planning, including preparation of durable powers of attorney
and living wills, and financial management, including living trusts
- Guardianship/Conservatorship issues
- Long-term care placements in nursing homes and life-care communities
- Elder abuse and fraud recovery
- Medical legalities
- Asset Management
- Living Wills
- Do Not Resuscitate Directives
The following links may provide helpful information.
Legal Aid Societies of Tennessee
- This site has phone numbers and addresses for Legal Aid offices throughout Tennessee.
West Tennessee Legal Services
Tennessee Elder Law Hotline -
Hotline for legal information and referral
Southeast Tennessee Legal
414 McCallie Ave.
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Hotline Hours: 9-12; 1-4,
Tennessee Bar Association - Elder Law Section
221 Fourth Avenue North
Nashville, Tennessee 37219.
Tennessee Alliance for Legal Services
This site has information about available legal services county by county in the State of Tennessee.
For additional information, visit the
Last updated 09/09/14.