TENNESSEE STATEWIDE AMBER ALERT: Elizabeth Thomas | Click for details from TBI.

Permits & Licensing

The State Fire Marshal's Office (SFMO) issues electrical permits and residential building permits in some areas of the state.

In addition, the SFMO issues permits, licenses and certificates of registration related to explosives, fire sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, fireworks and LP Gas.