Site Development Grant
As part of the newly announced Rural Economic Development Fund, Tennessee is investing $6 million in a site development grant to aid eligible communities.
This first-of-its-kind grant opportunity will transform economic development sites to shovel-ready status as part of our nationally recognized Select Tennessee Site Certification program.
- Applicant must be a governmental entity (city, county, Industrial Development Board)
- One application per governmental entity may be submitted
- One application per site may be submitted
- Site must be publicly-owned at the time of application, unless the grant request is to purchase the property
- County where site is located must meet all ThreeStar annual requirements.
- Sites must have gone through at a minimum the site visit by Austin Consulting (Foote) for the Select TN certification program, the site visit and evaluation by Austin Consulting for PEP or the site visit by KPMG for the Invest Prep program
- Construction Activities
Access roadways, acceleration/deceleration/turn lanes, traffic signalization, rail lines/signalization/switching, utility line construction/relocation including electricity, water, sewer, gas and telecommunications
- Property-Related Activities
Purchase of property, right-of-way, easements, legal fees, tree/vegetation clearing, grubbing, grading, drainage improvements, detention/retention ponds
Maximum grant amount: $500,000
- Tier 1 50/50
- Tier 2 70/30
- Tier 3 90/10
- Tier 4 95/5
- Applications are due December 9, 2016 by 4:30 PM CST
- Letters of Intent are due November 18, 2016 by 4:30 PM CST
- Short list of applicants notified in February 2017
- Applicant presentations in Nashville in March 2017
- Project Awards will be announced in April 2017
- Begin consultation with applicants who do not receive an award in May 2017
- Award contract will be issued in May 2017
- Projects must be completed in 18 months
Projects will be scored in the following categories in order to determine short-listed projects:
Sites short-listed will be asked to give a presentation. This presentation will be evaluated and assist in determining final scoring and award.