Assessment Educator Opportunities
June 2017 Science/Social Studies Item Review Job Description
Item Content Reviewer
Reviews Tennessee academic assessment items to ensure that they are aligned to the state-adopted standards, with target depth of knowledge, clarity, grade-level appropriateness, and instructional relevance.
- Applicants should be content experts currently teaching in the classroom for science or social studies.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate their commitment to the Tennessee academic standards and their successful efforts in teaching them in the classroom.
- Social studies committee members will be reviewing items aligned to current social studies academic standards.
- Science committee members will be reviewing items aligned to the newly passed science standards that will implement during the 2018-19 school year. These standards can be found here.
Item Bias and Sensitivity Reviewer
Reviews Tennessee academic assessment items to ensure that they are all free from language or content that may negatively impact the test performance of a specific group of students due to its being culturally or regionally dependent, or its potential to upset or otherwise distract test takers.
- Applicants should be educators, but content background expertise is not required.
- Administrators, school counselors, and district-level supervisors make excellent participants for the bias and sensitivity committee.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate their commitment to the Tennessee academic standards and their commitment to diminishing the opportunity and achievement gaps for minority ethnicities, special needs populations, and English language learners.
- Extensive background or experience with a specific marginalized population is appreciated.
Accommodations and Reimbursements
- Per diem meal reimbursement will be provided.
- Travel will be reimbursed.
- Hotel accommodations will be provided for participants living beyond 50 miles of the meeting location.
- Daily stipend of $150.
Mandatory 2–4 day meeting, which will fall between June 12–23.