Find a Form
All documents posted here are in PDF format. To view the documents, you can download Acrobat Reader for free.
The department is now using TNCompass, an online system, to issue most educator licenses. If the form for the desired license transaction is not listed below, the transaction must now be completed in TNCompass. Please visit tdoe.tncompass.org to register for a TNCompass account and to complete the desired transaction through the online system.
Educators may only renew a license during the year immediately preceding the date of expiration. License renewal requests may be made starting Sept. 1 of the year before a license expires. Licenses that are no longer issued will be converted to the Practitioner License or advanced to the 6-year Professional License.
- Additional information about renewing or advancing active licenses after March 1, 2016.
- Additional information about reactivating an inactive license.
Forms and Applications
- Initial License Applications
- Practitioner Teacher - In-state applicants - This application is submitted by an approved Educator Preparation Provider through TNCompass. In addition, educators must complete this personal affirmation form.
- Practitioner Occupational Teacher
- Practitioner Teacher and School Services Personnel - Out-of-state Applicants
- Instructional Leadership Leadership License - Out-of-state Applicant
- Practitioner License - Foreign Applicant
- Adjunct Teacher
- School Educational Interpreter
- Renewal, Reactivation, and Conversion Applications
- Advancement Applications
- Waivers and Permits
- Additional Forms & Information
- Additional Occupational Education Forms