1. Each division, department, or grade within a school may nominate a candidate and present its choice to the general faculty. Schools are encouraged to consider nominations from parents, students and other community members.
2. Each school faculty may choose a teacher(s) in each category to participate in system competition. Categories consist of grades Pre K-4, 5-8, and 9-12. PLEASE NOTE that these categories refer to the grade taught by the teacher and do not refer to the grade structure or designation of the school
3. The number of teachers chosen in each category is not to exceed 1 per 20 faculty members (or portion of 20) in that category.
4. Each Building Teacher of the Year completes SECTIONS I, II, AND III of the application and then submits them on 8-1/2" x 11" paper, stapled in the upper left-hand corner to the Director of Schools.
5. Each building principal submits the Building-Level Teacher of the Year Report Form to the Director of Schools.
1. System Selection Committees should be composed of a Curriculum Supervisor, a Principal, and previous Teachers of the Year (System, Regional, Grand Division finalist, or State Teacher of the Year) to review applications of each Building Teacher of the Year.
2. Each committee should represent the category (Pre K-4, 5-8, 9-12) for which the candidate is applying.
3. Committees select one teacher from each category (Pre K-4, 5-8, 9-12) to represent the system in region-level competition. PLEASE NOTE that these categories refer to the grade taught by the teacher and DO NOT refer to the grade structure or designation of the school.
4. Each System Teacher of the Year from each category (Pre K-4, 5-8, 9-12) completes SECTIONS IV, V, AND VI of the application. These documents are added to the System Teacher of the Year application packet. Use the System Report Form and submit the original and 3 (three) copies to the appropriate CORE office no later than 4:00 p.m. on February 12, 2013: Memphis/Shelby (Memphis), Southwest (Jackson), Northwest (Martin), Mid-Cumberland (Nashville), South Central (Shelbyville), Upper Cumberland (Cookeville), Southeast (Cleveland), East TN (Knoxville), First TN (Johnson City). Mailing addresses are available on the State webpage at: http://www.tn.gov/education/fsc/