Sustainable Transportation Awards & Forum
The TDEC Sustainable Transportation Awards recognize outstanding initiatives within the State of Tennessee to reduce transportation-related energy and emissions, in line with an overarching effort to save natural resources, improve the health and well-being of Tennesseans, and create efficiencies in the delivery of goods and services. Eligible entities include: federal, state and local governments; commercial, nonprofit, and industrial organizations; public and private institutions of higher education; and utilities. The entity must be located in Tennessee, and the project must have been completed in the last five years. All nominees must have a minimum of three consecutive, current years of exceptional environmental compliance with the Department of Environment and Conservation. Self-nominations are encouraged.
TDEC and TDOT intend to consider the following criteria in evaluating project nominations:
- Innovation: How the project utilized new thinking or creative approaches to meet a particular transportation challenge.
- Best Practices and Replicability: How the project demonstrates a transferable solution, such that others could adopt or implement similar programs or initiatives.
- Changes in Transportation Behavior: How a project worked to encourage or achieve changes in transportation behavior in order to make a transportation system more efficient.
- Improvements to Public Health and Safety: How a project creates improvements to public health, well-being, or safety in a given community.
In connection with Clean Air Month, TDEC, in partnership with the Tennessee Department of Transportation, will host a recognition ceremony and sustainable transportation forum from May 23-24, 2017, in Nashville.
- 2017 Sustainable Transportation Awards application
- Sign up to receive email updates regarding applications and event details.
- Winners of the 2015 TDEC Sustainable Transportation Awards
- Winners of the 2016 TDEC Sustainable Transportation Awards
- Bios for 2016 Sustainable Transportation Forum Speakers
- Presentations from the 2016 Sustainable Transportation Forum