The Division of Accounts is responsible for the administration of accounting policy and rule setting powers granted the commissioner by state law. The Policy
Development Section addresses these responsibilities as well as the following:
- Development and administration of accounting policy.
- Development and administration of the State’s
comprehensive travel regulations.
- Coordination of comments to national organizations on proposed accounting
standards affecting state financial reporting.
- Project management for the development and implementation of electronic
benefits transfer for the State.
- The State of Tennessee Comprehensive Travel Regulations authorizes
the maximum reimbursement rates for out-of-state travel by state
employees at the same level as those maintained by the U.S. General
Services Administration for federal employees within the continental
Unites States (CONUS). To access the CONUS list, click here:
Per Diem Rates