Welcome to the Office of Consulting Services
About the Office of Consulting Services
The Office of Consulting Services (OCS) offers practical, data-driven support to state agencies at no cost to the client agency. Established in July 2004, we provide customized support for a range of management issues with a focus on organizational and process improvement. Our services are tailored to your specific needs, and may be limited to a specific, short-term need, or could involve a more extended engagement.
What Kinds of Services are Included?
We can help you address a wide range of organizational design and business process improvements. As discussed in more detail in Our Services, we can collaborate with you to collect and analyze data, to map business processes, to facilitate groups and meetings, to evaluate programs and recommend improvements, and to assist with complex projects.
Why Choose the Office of Consulting Services?
As experienced consultants, we can share the benefit of our collective experience with implementing major change initiatives in both the public and private sectors.
We understand the state environment.
- We can offer you the benefit of an "insider's" understanding of the realities you and your team face when assessing the risks and rewards of options and recommendations.
- We know that all agencies have committed, intelligent people who care about the results of their programs.
- We understand the constraints and opportunities involved with implementing state and federal laws.
- We also understand the ways in which government is and is not like private industry.
We offer a practical perspective.
- As a neutral outsider to your organization, we can deliver a factual operations assessment and provide objective information on best practices.
- We partner with client agencies to identify practical solutions that work, including, where necessary, proposing new legislation, rules, or procedures.
- We collaborate with you and your staff to help the organization gain lasting insight into the issues and the solutions.
- We will take necessary precautions to insure that the work we do for you is confidential.
And, all of our services are free of charge. No chargebacks to your agency.