The Living Well with Chronic Conditions, Take Charge of Your Diabetes and Cancer: Thriving and Surviving Self-Management programs are licensed programs of Stanford University's Patient Education Research Center.
For complete information about licensing, fee schedules, and the Stanford University license application, see Licensing Requirements from Stanford.
Overview of Requirements and Fees
- The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) is a licensed program of Stanford University, and Stanford retains ownership of the copyright to the program.
- Leaders agree that they will not alter the program.
- Agencies or organizations offering CDSMP must obtain a license before being trained.
- 3-year multi-program license from Stanford is $2500 for organizations that will offer up to 165 workshops and eight leader trainings per year.
- For those who find the licensing fee to be a barrier, there are two options:
- Organizations can e-mail Stanford to request a reduced license fee, or
- They can work with another organization that is already licensed.
Licensed Tennessee Organizations
- Get more information about organizations in Tennessee currently licensed to offer Stanford Self-Management Programs at http://patienteducation.stanford.edu/organ/.
Stanford Listing of Licensed Organizations
Get more information about organizations currently licensed to offer Self-Management Programs: