Statewide & Agency Leadership Development Program
Black Belt Leadership Program
The Black Belt Program is a self-directed, structured development opportunity for leaders in Tennessee State Government. Leaders begin their journey upon graduation from one or more of the DOHR-sponsored statewide [LEAD TN, Tennessee Government Executive Institute (TGEI) or Tennessee Government Management Institute (TGMI)] or agency-specific (HR Masters, Green Leadership, or Commissioner´s Academies) leadership programs.
Click here for to learn more about Black Belt Leadership Program.
HR Master Series
Commissioner´s Leadership Academy (CLA)
The CLA is a competency-based development program for State Agencies. Participants engage in a rigorous, customized leadership development study that is based on core competencies identified by the Agency Executive Leadership team. The CLA is a collaborative venture with Strategic Learning Solutions (SLS). SLS consults and partners with Agency Leadership to create a customized Talent Management strategy that develops and sustains a high performing workforce.
Agency Leadership Academies
- Boards and Commissions Leadership Academy
- Children's Services - Commissioner's Cornerstone Leadership Academy
- Correction - Commissioner's Leadership Academy
- Disability Programs - Leadership Academy
- Economic and Community Development - Leadership Academy
- Environment and Conservation - Green Leadership Academy
- Financial Institutions - Commissioner's Leadership Academy
- Human Resources - Executive Leadership Institute
- Human Resources - Next Level Leadership Academy
- Human Services - Mission Possible Leadership Academy
- Labor and Workforce Development - Adult Education Academy of Academic Excellence
- Safety and Homeland Security - Commissioner's Leadership Academy
DOHR Growing in Professional Skills Series
Tennessee Government Leadership Council
The Department of Human Resources is pleased to announce the leaders selected to be members of the 2014 Tennessee Government Leadership (TGL) Council. The TGL Council is a consortium of alumni leaders from LEAD Tennessee, the Tennessee Government Executive Institute (TGEI), and the Tennessee Government Management Institute (TGMI). The TGL Council exists to provide strategic guidance in continual improvement opportunities for leaders in Tennessee state government.