Applying for Services
- Tennesseans may apply for benefits at their local Department of Human Services county office. Applications are available in English, Spanish, Arabic and Somali.
- Applicants may also apply online or check for potential eligibility. Click here to apply online. After the online application has been submitted, the applicant will receive an appointment for an interview.
- In order to determine eligibility for the program, DHS caseworkers may ask for documentation like birth certificates, social security cards, check stubs, bank statements, utility bills, rent receipts, tax returns, and insurance policies. Applicants are notified by mail (within 45 days of the application date) of the eligibility decision.
- Contact the local Department of Human Services office if a written notice is not received or the eligibility decision is not satisfactory.
Adult and Family Services
Contact Family Assistance
- Family Assistance Service Center: 1-866-311-4287
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB):
- Tenncare Member Services & Crossover Billing:
- Medicare: 1-800-772-1213
- Locate your local DHS Office