Any person engaging in the business of providing a security
guard and patrol service on a contractual basis for another person. If
the person is a partnership each partner must qualify; if the person is
a corporation or an LLC an agent of the corporation must qualify.
Experience Or Examination Requirements
- Owner or Qualifying Agent must be at least 21 years of age.
- A U.S. citizen or resident alien.
- Be legally, mentally competent.
- Free of habitual drunkenness, narcotics addiction or dependence.
- Be of good moral character.
- Meet statutory insurance requirements.
- Satisfy the experience or examination requirement (See next section).
- Applicants must provide three (3) credit references from lending institutions or business firms with whom a credit record has been established. These references must be original documents from the lending institution, must be in
standard business letter form and must appear on the institution’s letterhead.
- Applicants must submit electronic fingerprints for processing by the TBI and FBI for criminal history check.
- A Certificate of Insurance which meets the requirements of T.C.A. 62-35-114.
- Possess at least three (3) years of experience as a manager, supervisor,
or administrator with a contract security company or proprietary security
- Possess at least three (3) years of supervisory experience satisfactory
to the Commissioner with any public law enforcement agency in the United
States (including military).
- Pass an examination designed to measure knowledge and competence in
the contract security company business.
- Examination Information - effective September 1, 2013, we have made arrangements for a new proctor to conduct the required examinations. We are currently involved in the test development process, which could take several weeks. An examination candidate information bulletin, with updated references and examination scheduling information, will be posted on this site as soon as it becomes available. Additional notices will be posted on this site as soon as the information is available. Thank you for your patience.
Click Here to
download the Application.
Fees and Related Costs
- Click Here for to see a table of
fees related to applying and renewal of Contract Security Company licenses.
- Contract Security Company Licenses are renewable every two (2) years.