General Purpose Forms
The Tennessee Department of Revenue has two websites used for online business registration. The reason for this is because the Department is in the initial phases of launching a new tax filing system. The Department appreciates your patience during this transition. Please read below to determine if your business needs to register using one or both websites.
Registration for the following taxes is available on TNTAP, or the Tennessee Taxpayer Access Point:
- Sales and Use Tax
- Liquor by the Drink Tax
- Tobacco Tax and Licenses
- Television and Telecommunications Sales Tax
The tax types listed below are not yet available to be filed through TNTAP, the Department’s new tax filing website. If your business requires registration for any of the tax types listed below please go to the online business registration website.
- Business Tax (Gross Receipts)
- Franchise and Excise Tax
- Automobile Rental Surcharge Tax
- Tire Fee
- Used Motor Oil
Taxes not listed above are not yet available for electronic registration. Please complete the appropriate paper application for registration.
Registration: Paper Forms
- Application for Registration and Instructions
- Application for Registration Sales and Use Tax Exempt Entities or State and Federally Chartered Credit Unions
- Change of Address Form