Tennessee Taxpayer Access Point FAQs
Please read the information below to learn more about our new website for filing taxes.
- What can I do on TNTAP?
TNTAP makes filing your state taxes easier. Using TNTAP, you will be able to quickly and conveniently do the following:
- apply for a new license or tax account
- view payments, notices, and account balances as well as other account information
- edit account information such as name, address and contact information
- view correspondence and send messages to the Department
- submit electronic tax returns and payments
- view, amend and print prior tax returns
- provide tax bonds and riders
- When will TNTAP go live?
TNTAP will be launched in different phases over a period of four years. Each phase covers a group of taxes. TNTAP’s first phase will launch in March 2017.
- What tax types will be available on TNTAP in March 2017?
- Sales and use tax
- Liquor-by-the-drink tax
- Professional privilege tax
- Tobacco tax, tobacco stamp orders, and tobacco licenses
Only the tax types listed above will be available in TNTAP in 2017. Other tax types will be added to TNTAP in future phases.
- What do I need to set up a username and password in TNTAP?
- Account number, account type and zip code
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
- Business name
- Previous payment amount
- Valid e-mail address
- When can I set up my username and password in TNTAP?
You can set up your username and password for TNTAP in March 2017. Gather the information listed under “What do I need to set up a username and password in TNTAP?” to ensure you do not have any delays with the setup of your TNTAP logon.