Days and Hours of Operation
Days and Hours of Operation,
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- IMPORTANT: Closing times listed do not always reflect applicants will be accepted up to that time. It may be necessary to cease taking applicants earlier in order to complete processing by the end of the business day. For example: A Driver Service Center closing time may be listed as 5:00 p.m. but taking applicants may be stopped at 3:00 p.m. in order to process applicants by 5:00 p.m.
From Downtown Memphis
Go east on I-40 (towards Nashville) for approximately 4 miles. Turn left at Exit 2A (towards Millington) onto Highway 51 traveling north. Follow Hwy 51 approximately 35 miles. Upon reaching Covington city limit sign, go through 4 traffic lights. The driver license station will be on the right about 2/10 of a mile after the 4th traffic light.
Map this location.
(Note: This map is informational only. No representation is made or warranty given as to its content. User assumes all risks of use. Mapquest and its suppliers assume no responsibility for any loss or delay resulting from such use.)
Fax: (901) 475-2532
Full Driver License Service station, Original Handgun Permit, Driving Records (MVR)
Closest Alternative Service Locations
(Click County for Detailed Location Information and Services Offered)
- Fayette County - 160 Beau Tisdale Drive, Oakland
- Haywood County - County Clerk's Office, Brownsville (Duplicates and Renewals of Non-Commercial Driver Licenses Only)
- Shelby County - 3200 East Shelby Drive, Memphis
- Shelby County - 5019 W. Union Road, Millington
- Shelby County - 6340 Summer Ave, Memphis
- Shelby County - County Clerk's Office, Memphis (Duplicates and Renewals of Non-Commercial Driver Licenses Only)
Surrounding Counties Without a Full Service Center
- Haywood County (County Clerk Only)