News & Events
Back in October 2015, we first wrote about the Standards Recommendation Committee’s charge to review and revise Tennessee’s mathematics and English language arts (ELA) K-12 standards.
The overarching goal of this unprecedented review process is to establish a public and professional review that would improve Tennessee’s education standards and make them more meaningful and useful to teachers and students in the classroom, as well as more responsive to, and broadly supported by, Tennessee parents and the public.
We believe that we have achieved this goal in our work on the Standards Recommendation Committee through monthly meetings from October through January to review and make recommendations for improvement on the math and ELA standards.
- State Board Launches Social Studies Standards Public Review Website
- State Board Releases 2015 Teacher Training Program Report Card
- Tennessee State Board of Education Congratulates Teacher and School Leaders on Incredible NAEP Gains
- State Board Seeks Public Comment on New Math and English Language Arts Standards
- Tennessee Education Standards Benefit From Public and Professional Review
- State Board Launches Science Standards Review Website