State Route 115 (US 129) Alcoa Highway Maloney Road to Woodson DriveKnox County
Transportation projects are developed in four phases: Planning and Environmental, Design, Right-of-Way and Construction. Proposed improvements to State Route 115 (US 129/Alcoa Highway), from south of Maloney Road to Woodson Drive, are currently under construction.
Let to Contract: 02/12/2016
Contractor: Charles Blalock & Sons, Inc.
Bid Price: $70,944,183.28
Estimated Completion Date: November 2019
On Monday, September 11, 2017, contract crews will begin work on the collector road at Maloney Road. Motorists should expect to see detours to Ginn Drive during construction.
- Wall #8 construction is well underway, with cuts near Barber HIll and fill at Mt. Vernon. Vegetation is starting to grow in these areas, as well as above the wall. Wall construction is the critical to the project.
- Work is ongoing on storm drain installation and utility relocation.
- Grading, fill, storm drain, and utility operations are progressing on both sides of the roadway.
- Ramp A will be constructed to connect Montlake Drive to Collector 3.
- The new roundabout on the east side of Alcoa Hwy (near Sevier Heights Baptist Church) is opened to traffic. It can be accessed on three of four legs. The bridge over Alcoa Highway will be constructed on the fourth leg.
- Excavation and fill activities are underway on both sides of the roadway.
- Work is underway on drainage structures in the excavation areas near Woodson Drive.