James K. Polk Building, Suite 900
505 Deaderick Street
Nashville, Tennessee 37243-0344
Freight planning is an important component of statewide and metropolitan transportation planning processes. Because of Tennessee’s strategic central location, our state’s freight infrastructure is critical to trade flows throughout the country. The Policy Planning Office is responsible for collaborating with transportation agencies and public and private partners to coordinate TDOT’s freight planning efforts. Please feel free to download our Statewide Multimodal Freight Plan to find out more about our freight planning efforts.
Support is given to the Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs) in their freight planning efforts on request by providing freight data such as Transearch and assisting with small freight projects. In 2013, a Freight Advisory Committee (FAC) was established to assist in developing a comprehensive State Freight Plan for Tennessee.
The 2016 Strategic Freight Research Projects have begun. Please click below for more information.
The December 2016 Statewide Freight Advisory Committee Meeting was a success. Please click below for more information.
Tennessee's Statewide Multimodal Freight Plan is now available. Please download below.
- Statewide Multimodal Freight Plan Executive Summary (6 mb)
- Tennessee Statewide Multimodal Freight Plan (7 mb)
- Middle TN Freight Advisory Committee Meeting - Location: TBD - March 7, 2017
- West TN Freight Advisory Committee Meeting - Location: TBD - March 14, 2017
- East TN Freight Advisory Committee Meeting - Location: TBD - March 21, 2017
2016 Strategic Freight Research Project List