Welcome to the TennCare Registration Home page for new and existing providers. Individual providers can submit key information to obtain a Medicaid ID for a new provider and existing providers can enter key information which will allow us to receive updates electronically. No matter if you are a new provider to TennCare / Medicaid or an existing TennCare / Medicaid provider; you will need to register your information here. TennCare is now using web-based technology to simplify and improve the provider registration / re-verification process. Individual providers only need to register once to be added to the TennCare CAQH roster. Once registered all other updates should be maintained in CAQH. Single and multi-specialty groups will register and update their data and members from this web portal. All other provider entities will register electronically by clicking the All Other Provider Registration link below.
Educational Webinars - How does a School District become a TennCare provider?
Once your registration is approved, you will receive a TennCare/Medicaid ID number. A valid TennCare/Medicaid ID number is required for participation in TennCare, Tennessee’s Medicaid program. A valid TennCare/Medicaid ID number is required to:
- Get prescriptions covered by the TennCare Pharmacy Benefit for TennCare members.
- Submit Medicare/Medicaid “cross-over” claims to TennCare for consideration of Medicare copays and deductibles for our members with Medicare as a primary carrier.
- Contract with any TennCare Managed Care Organization in order to provide medically necessary services to TennCare members.
- Receive payments from TennCare’s EHR Incentive Program.
Please select the appropriate link below to access provider registration information appropriate for your provider type.
Individual (Provider Person) Provider Registration Information
Examples of an individual provider:
- John Doe, M.D., a solo practitioner
- Jane Doe, M. D. a practitioner participating as a member of a group.
Examples of a group provider:
- Any Town Dental Practice (a group of General Dentists – Single Specialty)
- Happy Valley Medical Clinic (a group of Family Practitioners, Internists and Pediatricians – Multi Specialty)
- ABC Medical Equipment (Supplier of Durable Medical Equipment)
- Any City Hospital (Acute Care Hospital)
- Summertime County School District
Provider Registration/Re-validation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Single or Multi-Specialty Provider Registration/Re-validation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We welcome the opportunity to work with you to provide medically necessary health care services to eligible TennCare members.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, please call toll free: 800-852-2683 Monday to Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST.