- Sounds great. How do I sign up?
First, search the eligible ACM programs and institutions for Tennessee. Please check the ACM Inventory to be sure that your program is available to Tennessee residents. Then, contact the institution, apply for that program, and get accepted.
If you can't find your program in the inventory, check the following list to make sure that the university you plan to attend and the state that the university is located in do not have any limitations.
Once you have been accepted to an ACM program, you must be certified as a Tennessee resident. Detailed steps to complete this process are available under the ACM Policies and Procedures link.
Set up an account and login! Once you are registered you must have the following materials to complete your certification. Applications with incorrect documents or incomplete applications will not be considered. Supporting documents can be uploaded onto the website.
- Application for Tennessee residency - This form must be filled out electronically. Once you login you will be prompted to fill out the form. A sample can be found at the following link: ACM Application
- Proof of admission into an eligible program - An official, unconditional letter of acceptance from the college, stating the applicant's name, the institution of attendance, semester of anticipated enrollment, and the specific ACM-eligible program in which the application is enrolled.
- Proof of residency in Tennessee - A valid Tennessee Driver's License, voter registration card, or proof of military residency. Proof of residency must be issued at least 12 months prior to certification. Other acceptable forms of proof are available on page 4 of the Policies and Procedures Handbook.
Please create a username and password to complete residency applications and program nominations.
- What if the program I’m interested in isn’t part of the ACM?
Just ask — you may be able to add the program you want. If the program you are interested in is not in the ACM Inventory for Tennessee Residents, but the degree program is not offered at any of the public universities in the state of Tennessee, then complete the Program Nomination Form. Each student may only nominate one program for ACM addition.
The curriculum will be reviewed by external reviewers at the Tennessee Board of Regents and the University of Tennessee to make certain 51 percent or more of the program is not currently offered in Tennessee. If a similar program is not available in Tennessee, the state coordinator will ask that the program be added to the ACM inventory. The university whose program you have requested can either add the program to the inventory or reject the request. You will be notified once the request has been reviewed and a decision made. Please note that this process takes, on average, three months to complete.
Not all states and institutions are currently accepting program nominations. For additional program criteria and limitations for states and institutions, see the Special Instructions for Institutions.