ADC Wildlife Information

Landowners have several options for dealing with nuisance wildlife.  As a landowner or tenant, you can legally capture some species of nuisance wildlife without a permit if the animal is discovered to be causing damage.  You may purchase a live box trap at most garden supply or home improvement stores.  Once the animal is captured, you must release or euthanize the animal on your property.  If you would like to have the animal released, you must have a permitted ADC operator transport the animal to an approved release site.  Be careful capturing animals in the spring.  Young animals may be involved.  Before enclosing any entry points, make sure all animals have exited the structure.  The following links are self-help advice provided by the “Internet Center for Wildlife Damage Management” website.