Visit Your Local Program
Get started with earning your Tennessee High School Equivalency Diploma by visiting or calling your local Adult Education Program!
Eligibility for Enrollment
- Must be at least 17 years of age.
- Not enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary school
- Lack sufficient mastery of basic educational skills to enable the individuals to function effectively in society
- Do not have a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent, or
- Are unable to read, write, or speak the English language
Applicants under the age of 18 must provide proof of official withdrawal from school. (Board minutes, attendance screenshot, formal intent to register for home school or other official documentation approved by the Division of Adult Education.)
Bring Your Photo ID
All test candidates must present positive, picture identification in the form of one of the following:
- Valid Tennessee Driver's License (A valid driver's license from an adjoining state is acceptable)
- Current state issued identification card from the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Current U.S. Military identification card
- Other form of current government issued (national or foreign) identification that shows name, address, date of birth, signature and photograph.
- Birth certificates cannot be accepted as the only identification.