Federal Public Policy Priorities
6/22/17 update on Congressional healthcare legislation:
On Thursday, 6/22/17, the Senate released their version of the American Health Care Act (AHCA). The bill largely maintains the structure of the House version with modest adjustments like more financial assistance for some lower-income people and deeper cuts to the Medicaid program.
The Council developed this one-page fact sheet to explain how cuts to Medicaid might impact Tennesseans with intellectual and developmental disabilities who use Medicaid for their healthcare and for long-term services and supports, or home- and community-based services like those provided through the CHOICES program, waivers through the Dept. of Intellectual and developmental disabilities, and the new Employment and Community First CHOICES program.
National resources on disability policy
- National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities
- The Association of University Centers on Disability
- National Disability Rights Network
- The Arc U.S.
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- National Association for States United for Aging and Disabilities
This Page Last Updated: June 28, 2017 at 10:01 am