EO100-008 Fire Chief Orientation Complete Series
This course is designed for Fire Department Chief and Company Officers who are preparing to, or entering the upper management level of his/her department. The objective of this course is to develop the chief officer for the administrative and operational challenges of the fire service in the 21st century.
Major topics covered in the course are program orientation; ethics; establishing a partnership with the community; budgetary process, budgeting and auditing practices, budget development, and fiscal planning; managing human resources; inspections risk management and safety programs; TN legal requirements for fire departments.
- There is no charge for this class
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Student will be knowledgeable in legal issues, budgeting and human resources.
- Student will be knowledgeable in safety and state requirements including TOSHA and TFIRS.
- Student will be knowledgeable in mutual aid and water utilities.
- Student will gain valuable information from TN State Offices including Fire Marshal’s Office, TFACA, Bomb and Arson and Firefighting Commission.